We headed into 2020 with big plans (see below!) for our best ever club championship – 16 varied events across the year – but of course things came crashing to a halt in March after just three events had been completed. Instead we organised our hugely successful virtual championship – VC20 – and with that now complete, we have taken the decision to award our 2020 Club Championships based on the results of those successful virtual events instead. So (drum roll…) here are your 2020 CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS!
Female Senior (18-39) Mhairi Sellar
Female Vet (40+) Nicola Carter
Male Senior (18-39) James Ireland
Male Veteran (40+) John Hamilton
Congratulations to this year’s winners, who will receive their awards during our Online Awards Night on 30th January.
You can click here to see the full results of the 2020 Club Championships: 2020 Club Championship Totals
The 2020 Ben Campbell Club Championship that never was
For 2020 we believe we have the widest selection of events so far and some different experiences available to our Striders. As in previous years, there are well-established ‘regulars’ mixed with new races. Having listened to feedback from members, the 2020 championship should require less travel, is spread more evenly across the months and is cheaper to enter. Your best 7 scores will count again, but we have expanded the choice of events from 15 to 16. We’ve also included rounds from the PECO and HDSRL series which many of our Striders will already be attending. Several races are already open for entries!
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RACES 2020:
Sat 25/1 – Wetherby parkrun (or alternative parkrun if cancelled) – RESULTS
Sun 9/2 – PECO Round 4 (West Park) – RESULTS
Sun 15/3 – Thirsk 10 mile – RESULTS
Sun 5/4 – Hooded Horse 10k Trail in memory of Ben Campbell (Sutton Bank) – Entries POSTPONED
Sun 10/5 – Burton Leonard 10k – CANCELLED. Next event 21 June 2021
Mon 25/5 – Ilkley Trail Race (7mi) – CANCELLED
Sun 21/6 – Staveley Stampede 10k CANCELLED
Thur 25/6- HDSRL Race 4 at Skipton HDSRL Series entry ALL HDSRL RACES ARE POSTPONED
Sun 12/7 – Burn Valley Half Marathon (Masham) – Entry CANCELLED
Sun 19/7 – Rougemont Chase 7k (Weeton show) – Entry on day SHOW CANCELLED
Wed 19/8 – Sessay Swift 6k – Facebook – Provisional date only, PRESUMED CANCELLED
Sun 13/9 – Tholthorpe 10k – Entries CANCELLED
Sat 31/10 – Wakefield Hospice Night Run 10k – CANCELLED
We will continue update entry links and results as they become available.
Championship results will be updated throughout the season.
About the Championship
- Our Club Championship is open to paid-up first-claim members, including those without EA numbers. We use mostly local events – ranging from 5ks through to Half Marathons.
- 2020 categories and awards will to be confirmed in due course. In 2019 the awards were: Senior Men (under 40), Senior Ladies (under 40), Veteran Men (40+) and Veteran Ladies(40+).
- Age grading adjustments will be applied in all categories and your age on 01/01/2020 will be used for each race.
- A minimum of 7 races from the 16 to be completed for Championship purposes.
- Official race results will be used for calculations. Chip times will be used unless Race organiser is using ‘Gun to tape’ timing.
- Committee decision final in any dispute regarding Club Championship.
- Please enter all races as soon as possible.