On the 13th and 14th June, the organisers of Endure24 are holding an official virtual event and Striders are aiming to take part!
Our aim will be to clock up as many miles as we can, as a club, over the 24hr period but we will not be using a set route or mileage for each participant to achieve. Participants will devise their own route, which should take between 25 and 55 minutes to run. A key part of the challenge over the weekend is the social media aspect, for which a few volunteers we will be needed to help feed the information to the Endure24 Control Room!
So how will it work?
● The 24hr period will be split into 1-hour slots and it will up to the person allocated in each slot to decide how far they want to walk/jog/run during the hour.
● To ensure all our members get an opportunity to take part, we will not be allocating a set route or asking for a certain mileage to be achieved in each slot. Participants will devise their own route which should take between 25 and 55 minutes to walk/jog/run and handover virtually over social media or WhatsApp.
● A participant can ask to be allocated to several different slots but not consecutive slots (unless we have gaps once teams have been allocated).
● Participants will be allocated to teams based on ensuring that all the 24hr slots have been filled. The number of teams will be decided upon once the number of participants has been defined. The aim is to have fun and not for each team to be competing against each other!
How can I take part?
● Commit to walking/jogging/running for 20 – 55 minutes in one-hour time slot by completing the sign up form, via the link below, by 18:00 Sunday 31st May.
● On the form, please tick all of the times you are willing to run at and advise how many slots you would like over the 24hr period.
● Link to sign up form – Click here to sign-up!
If you have any questions, please contact James Wright via email – firstname.lastname@example.org