The time has come for us to end the ‘booking-in’ system for Striders which we have employed for the past 18-months since we were first allowed to meet in groups of 6 after the first lockdown in March 2020. First and foremost, thank you all for your time and cooperation using the system, which has allowed us to continue our activities and keep running! Smaller groups and more run leaders have been a revelation though, and we hope to go forwards with our same incredible team of leaders.
Why is the system ending now?
- It has always been our intention to return to ‘normal’ training routines once it was safe and appropriate to do so.
- We no longer need many of the original parts of the system, such as track and trace, limited group numbers, setting staggered start times or different locations.
- We are also aware that some members are not always able to commit to coming along to training until the last minute, so booking-in has proven a bit restrictive at times.
What are the new arrangements?
- Meet at Knaresborough Cricket Club at 7.25pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Groups will head out at 7.30pm after brief announcements – select your group on the night.
- We are also looking to reinstate the Run Leader Roster which was used prior to lockdown, so that you can see which groups and leaders are available on a given session.
If you have any questions, please ask one of our committee members and we will endeavour to answer them!