After a successful return to a more ‘normal’ championship in 2021, it’s full steam ahead for another varied and enjoyable club championship in 2022!
We’ve got 16 diverse events to challenge and entertain you, which will see us race on road, off road, on the flat, on hills and across a range of distances up to half-marathons! There are six interesting events which are new to the championship and so they might be new to you too! We have included a number of free events (such as our own time-trial and some parkruns) along with races from other series which the club already take part in – such as PECO XC. As before, you can select seven (or more) events to compete at across the year. There is no need to ‘enter’ the championship – just enter any (or all!) of the listed events and we’ll pick up your result. Do make sure that you list ‘Knaresborough Striders’ as your club though!
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RACES 2022:
Event 1: Sunday 23rd January 2022 – PECO XC League (2021-22) Race 4 – West Park. Entries (not necessary if you are already entered into this series)
Event 2: Sunday 6th February 2022 – Dewsbury 10K – Entries: https://racebest.com/races/xw2az/ – remaining places open up at MIDDAY on Saturday 20th November, so act fast!
Event 3: Sunday 6th March 2022 – Norton 9mile – Details and entries: https://bookitzone.com/phil_tordoff_1/zljFFX
Event 4: Sunday 10th April – Hooded Horse 10K in memory of Ben Campbell
Event 5: Tuesday 26th April – Striders 5K Time Trial
Event 7: Sunday 29th May [TBC] – Apperley Bridge Canter – Facebook page
Event 8: Thurs 16th June at 7pm – Kiplin Hall and Gardens 10K Trail – Details and Entry
Event 9: Sunday 26th June – Staveley Stampede 10K – Details and Entry [Also proposed Mob Match vs NVRR]
Event 10: Sunday 31st July – James Herriot Country Trail Run – Website
Event 11: Saturday 6th August – Conyngham Hall parkrun
Event 12: Wednesday 17th August at 7.15pm – Sessay Swift 6K – Provisional Details
Event 14: Saturday 15th October – Harrogate parkrun
Event 15: Sunday 6th November – Guy Fawkes 10mile, Ripley – Website
Event 16: Jolly Holly Jog 10K – normally between Christmas and New Year, details TBC – (2021 website)
Updated standings will be published as soon as possible after each event.
Championship standings comprise the best seven results for each contender.
About the Championship
- Our Club Championship is open to paid-up first-claim members, including those without EA numbers. We use mostly local events – ranging from 5ks through to Half Marathons. This year we are augmenting the championship with a number of virtual events.
- 2021 categories and awards will to be confirmed in due course. In 2021 the awards were: Overall, Senior Men (under 40), Senior Ladies (under 40), Veteran Men (40+) and Veteran Ladies(40+).
- Age grading adjustments will be applied in all categories and your age on 23/01/2022 will be used for each race.
- A minimum of 7 races from the 16 to be completed for Championship purposes.
- Official race results will be used for calculations. Chip times will be used unless Race organiser is using ‘Gun to tape’ timing.
- Committee decision final in any dispute regarding Club Championship.
- Please enter all races as soon as possible.