Join Knaresborough Striders!
Join Knaresborough Striders and we can guarantee you support, companionship and encouragement from fellow Striders, along with a range of coaching, regular events and benefits to keep you motivated, whatever your ability! Knowing that you have regular walking, jogging or running sessions in your diary can make a huge difference!
What do I get?
Knaresborough Striders membership provides you with access to:
- Weekly training sessions run by our qualified coaches
- Organised twice-weekly run groups led by our trained run leaders
- Regular organised free time trials and other events
- Changing and showering facilities at KCC
- Membership of the KCC bar
- A range of social events across the year
- Public liability insurance whilst training and racing with us
- Discounts at Up & Running, Tikiboo and SportsShoes.com
We also recommend adding the England Athletics membership option, which provides:
- Discounted entry fees to most races and events
- Access to affiliated events and race series such as Harrogate Summer League, PECO Cross-country series, Regional and National events
- The club subsides part of your EA affiliation fee
What does it cost?
The subscription rates, as of 1st April 2019, are as follows:
- Club only: £30
- Club + England Athletics: £41
- Second Claim – £30
- University Student: £12
- University Student + England Athletics: £27
Dual membership (Two members at the same address)
- Club: £58
- Club + 1 person England Athletics: £69
- Club + 2 persons England Athletics: £80
How do I apply?
To apply for or renew your membership, click the appropriate link below.
How do I pay?
Transfer your payment by BACS to our Club account using the following details:
Sort code 40-26-20, account no. 11295985 – using NAME – SUBS as the reference.
What else do I need to know?
AFFILIATION: Knaresborough Striders is a UKA and ARC affiliated club. Your membership of Striders provides public liability insurance whilst training and racing with us. If you wish to have personal accident insurance or have reduced race fees at a wider number of races you may wish to join England Athletics. It is also required should you wish to represent the club in any of the local running league events. England Athletics registration may be required to enter some team events along with regional and national championships.
STUDENTS: University Student Memberships are solely for those students who are away from home in term time and wish to train with the club during their home visits and out of term holidays.
FIRST CLAIM: If you have ever been a member of another athletics club in the past you may need to transfer your first claim if you wish for Knaresborough Striders to process your England Athletics registration. For more information please see the England Athletics change of first claim club guide which can be found here.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact us.
For any questions related to membership, please contact our Membership Secretary Stephen Morris via email@example.com