Please note that our 2020 club championship is currently suspended after the first 3 rounds, due to Covid-19.
Once we are clearer about our plans for a revised physical championship we shall post updates here.
In the meantime, Club Members can enjoy taking part in our Virtual Championship. Click here for more details
Running across ten months, the Ben Campbell Club Championship has been expanded to 16 events for 2020, giving a wider choice of locations, distances and terrain than ever! Designed once again by our Race secretary Eric, there are five new events including a couple of interesting-looking ‘away days’! The majority remain local races which many of you will already know well. In line with the expanded line-up, members will need to contest 7 events in order to qualify.
About the Championship
- Our Club Championship is open to paid-up first-claim members, including those without EA numbers. We use mostly local events – ranging from 5ks through to Half Marathons.
- The 2020 categories are: Senior Men (under 40), Senior Ladies (under 40), Veteran Men (40+) and Veteran Ladies(40+). Our Veteran age categories are now standardised across the Ladies and Mens’ categories.
- Age grading adjustments will be applied in all categories and your age on 03/02/2019 will be used for each race.
- A minimum of 7 races from the 16 to be completed for Championship purposes.
- Official race results will be used for calculations. Chip times will be used unless Race organiser is using ‘Gun to tape’ timing.
- Committee decision final in any dispute regarding Club Championship.
- The 2020 events can be found on the 2020 Championship page, the Events Calendar and on the club notice board at KCC.
- Please enter all races as soon as possible!