The 2022 Club Fell Championship will consist of 15 races. Your best 6 results will be used for scoring in the Championship.
January 30th will be the date used in calculating age-graded results.
There will be a Ladies’ and Men’s Award.
Early entry is advised for ALL RACES. Online entry is usually less expensive.
The Committee Strongly recommends that all runners view both www.fellrunner.org.uk and http://bofra.org.uk with reference to COVID GUIDANCE , RACE DAY ENTRY & THE CARRYING OF OF FULL KIT TO RACES, Virtual, Live and Recce runs.
REMEMBER to Adhere to the new FRA and BOFRA rule (detailed above) which states any device that has a GPS facility CANNOT be used for Navigating or Position fixing. You can view details of this at www.fellrunner.org.uk
Calendar of Events 2022
1. Sunday January 30th – RUNNERS and RIDERS @2pm Details
2. Sunday March 6th – ILKLEY FELL RACE@ 11.30am Details
3. Sunday April 10th – HOODED HORSE 10k @10am Details [Also part of main club championship]
4. Tuesday 10th May – JACK BLOOR FELL RACE @7.15pm Details. Entry information to follow.
5. Sunday 22nd May – CHARLESWORTH CHASE (SIMON’S SEAT) @11am Details
6. Saturday 4th June – DUDDON VALLEY (SHORT) @11.30am Details
7. Thursday 9th June – KETTLEWELL ANNIVERSARY @7.30pm Details
8. Saturday 18th June – BUCKDEN PIKE @1.00pm Details
9. Saturday 9th July – ADDINGHAM GALA @3.10pm Details
10. Saturday 16th July – INGLEBOROUGH MOUNTAIN RACE @3.00pm Details
11. Sunday 31st July – JAMES HERRIOT FELL RACE @11.00am Details
12. Sunday 7th August – ROUND HILL @11.00am Details
13. Saturday 17th September – GREAT WHERNSIDE @12.00pm Details
14. Saturday 24th September – ROMBALD’S ROMP FELL RACE @11.30am Details
15. Sunday 16th October – WITHINS SKYLINE @11.30am Details
All enquiries should be directed to Eric Morley.
RULES and REGULATIONS
FRA Rule changes since 2019
1. The use of GPS (and other like electronic devices) will be Prohibited for Navigation and Position Fixing, this includes display of map ,fixing current position, following a breadcrumb trail or any “off track” visual or audible warnings. BUT they may be used to display distance travelled, time, speed or altitude + recording of an actual route for post race analysis.
2. Maps and Compasses used must be Physical not Electronic.
3. Individual Race organisers are free to ban walking poles and headphones .
4. Race organisers can now charge a cheaper entry fee for FRA members.