The 2021 Ben Campbell Club Championship
After 2020’s cancelled championship, which was subsequently replaced by a completely virtual series, 2021 will see us hopefully evolving back towards something a bit more familiar.
We hope to once again provide you with the widest possible selection of events whilst also reflecting the careful and safe return to ‘real’ racing which we anticipate will happen across the year. With that in mind, the Championship will NOT be announced in full as it is normally and instead we will release details of future events throughout the year. With many restrictions still in place as we begin, some of the events will be virtual ones, giving us a hybrid championship unique in the club’s 10-year history!
Your best 7 scores will count again, to be accumulated from an eventual 16 events. If circumstances allow we hope to include rounds from other series such as the PECO and HDSRL series and possibly some parkruns later in the year.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RACES 2021:
19th April to 9th May – 8k trail at Thruscross Reservoir [VIRTUAL] – from the car park, in either direction. You can take the route through the woods or up and over the woods via the fields. COMPLETED Results
31st May to 20th June – (not)parkrun ‘Dirty Double’ [VIRTUAL] – Run both the Harrogate and Conyngham Hall parkrun courses at any time. Your result will be determined by the combined times! Submit both your results here. COMPLETED Results
NEXT EVENT Sunday 27th June – Hooded Horse 10K Trail in memory of Ben Campbell. [LIVE RACE] Check whether your are already entered from the 2020 event! Details and entry
*NEW* Sunday 4th July – Run Harrogate 10K [LIVE RACE] Details and entry
*NEW* Tues 13th July – ‘St.Roberts’s Rush’ 1mile Time Trial [CLUB EVENT]
After the first three rounds: Results and Standings after 5 events
The championship picture only begins to become clear later in the season, once contenders have completed more than seven events and scores can be dropped! In the meantime, the positions are determined by number of events completed and lowest total result so far.
About the Championship
- Our Club Championship is open to paid-up first-claim members, including those without EA numbers. We use mostly local events – ranging from 5ks through to Half Marathons. This year we are augmenting the championship with a number of virtual events.
- 2021 categories and awards will to be confirmed in due course. In 2020 the awards were: Senior Men (under 40), Senior Ladies (under 40), Veteran Men (40+) and Veteran Ladies(40+).
- Age grading adjustments will be applied in all categories and your age on 01/04/2021 will be used for each race.
- A minimum of 7 races from the 16 to be completed for Championship purposes.
- Official race results will be used for calculations. Chip times will be used unless Race organiser is using ‘Gun to tape’ timing.
- Committee decision final in any dispute regarding Club Championship.
- Please enter all races as soon as possible.